20 June, 2009

Nighttime lights

I wanted to sleep. But my persistent headache kept me from it. So I find myself here once again to say a few words as my mind wanders.

Today was a hard day - one of the hardest in a while. But not because of the company or the job. No, it's a battle within myself that I must win. I'm surrounded by friends who would support me in anything, yet it is still a battle I must fight myself. Only one knows of it. Only one do I trust with knowing it.

Otherwise, things are going just as well as always. I've found that when traveling in the evenings, to lie back and stare up at the passing lights is mesmerizing. It sets my mind on a strange course, almost hypnotizing me into a dreamy kind of state between awake and sleep. And in that place, I find the things I am trying to work out... the things my heart won't often ponder in the daylight.

I hear the others saying that we are nearing our destination, so I should probably wrap this up. Until next time, it's on the road with me.