28 May, 2009

Fuel

A clear head. A clear mind. Clear vision. One would assume that the combination of clear senses would result in a clear plan for the future. But alas, it evades me again.

I am happy. I am enjoying the road and my friends. I love what I'm doing now. A year ago, I never would have thought that I would be anywhere but the Pizza Box, rolling dough and taking orders. So there, my wee brain!

And yet while the present is clear, the future is foggy. I have yet to figure out why. Perhaps it is the lack of contact with those at home lately. Perhaps it is the persistent twitch of my fingers and the nagging desire in the back of my mind to spill out the words that want to come. But I resist. I've taken a new path and I will stick with it. I am learning a lot - surely my prayers for wisdom did not lead me down the wrong route.

A bump in the road (literal) jolts me from my thoughts and I glance out the back window. I smile. Our shadow is still with us. Who knows how many others would have grown weary by now? Most journalists would write from a distant, using the information they're fed by others. But not Alice. No, she's a wild one, she is. But even with a wild side, she comes with a heart that knows no bounds. Alice, what would we do without you?

And thus, my entry comes to a close. We're pulling up to a gas station now. Prime time for a potty break and a good ol' mountain dew to refuel. Wooee!