27 November, 2009

Moving on

Yeah, it's been a long time. Lots of thoughts written down on paper that I hadn't posted while on the road with Break Out. But after recent events following a terrible accident, Break Out is no longer in any of our futures. Some of my teammates continue to struggle as they recover from physical injuries. I was blessed with the few minor injuries I received.

God is amazing though. Through it all, despite doubts and stubbornness, He knows how to turn good from bad. I still believe I was to be with Break Out. I learned a lot and I started to find myself again. But now that it's over, a new adventure has risen. And this one has to do with my first passion.

A new band is forming. We don't know when or how it will all work out, but God has thrown the most amazing opportunity in the laps of willing followers. Amazingly enough to me, I'm in the spotlight. I used to hate it - and maybe I still do - but I know now that to deny the opportunity is to deny the use of a talent God has given me.

Kyle Mitts. That's the name and it looks like we're going with it. We've gotta see what the record company thinks of us and go from there. We have no idea what will happen next, but we're hoping it turns out well. And no matter what, we're all trusting in God.

I'm making new friends and keeping in touch with all my friends from Break Out. One particularly special friend is sticking by my side like glue, and I can't say that I don't enjoy it. My shadow is still here, following my story and following me. Or am I following her? Either way, I have a feeling that's something else that will turn out with quite the adventure.